Sunday, October 10, 2004

My Politics

The other day someone who was trying to get to the bottom of why I have switched to be a Republican over the past few months.
 
Their conclusions didn't quite shock me, because I know the stereotypes and myths are out there. As background to the story--- the two people who were trying to figure out why I am so Republican are very supportive Democrats.
 
Their conclusion. I must be going through a mid-life crisis. And then they said I might be struggling with racist feelings.
 
First, I found it hysterical that the only people crazy enough to be voting for George W. Bush (given how so clearly and obviously evil he is) must be actually crazy or going through some sort of personal crisis.
 
Second, what a nice way to perpetuate the number one myth of the Democratic Party. Their ultimate wedge issue that does keep 95% of one race squarely behind their party.
 
I responded very simply:
 
First, economic pessimism doesn't resonate with me.
 
Second, anti-American and anti-war messages while troops are in harms way, in a world changed by 9/11 FRANKLY DISGUSTS ME. I have always believed the U.S. is a force for good in the world.
 
That's why I support George W. Bush and that's why I have become a Republican.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kat said...

Exactly my friend. To be a Democrat today, one must first start from the premis that the US is wrong. If you don't believe that then you are most likely a Republican. LOL

October 11, 2004 at 6:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home