Thursday, September 30, 2004

The Debate

Make no mistake, George W. Bush was a clear winner in that debate. Most striking to me was that, perhaps ironically, Bush came off as the one that is less likely to go to war than Kerry. Kerry clearly wants to force the issue with North Korea and Iran.
 
I am now preparing for an avalanche of media hype to pump up Kerry in the coming days, and weeks.
 
It is interesting how much I have changed in a year, and how much more I know now than I did then. When Tom Brokaw announced, what was it, a 1 1/2 years ago that he would retire after the 2004 elections I thought nothing of it, but that it was a long time off. Now I clearly understand that Brokaw is retiring after the 2004 elections because he wanted to be there to do everything he could to bring home a victory for his Democratic Party.
 
I am comfident as ever in my support for George W. Bush, especially now that I know I am not voting for the war hawk. John Kerry clearly took that throne tonight. Bush is determined to bring freedom to people in Afghanistan and Iraq and believes it will set a good example for the rest of the world. Kerry wants to do something now about North Korea and Iran.
 
And that's something to really fall back on as a supporter of George W. Bush. And that is why George W. Bush is the true winner in this debate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home