Tuesday, August 10, 2004

George W. Bush and Canada

I can't tell you the number of friends and people I know that said they were gonna move to Canada if George W. Bush won the election. This is prior to the 2000 election. Of course none of them moved. And, the irony is that none of them, sit back and realize that things have not been bad-- at all. Sure, if you want to be a drama queen entranced by the media, its books, and its movies, well then I guess you could once again have that move-to-Canada-hysteria rekindled. But, the fact of the matter is (and I have said this before) that life right now is good. And its better today for more people across the globe because of George W. Bush.
 
I am a natural skeptic. Thus when the media keep on knocking I don't eventually jump in and swim with the tide. I step back and ask questions.
 
I fear that people in general like to swim with the tide. I fear the momentum of hatred for George W. Bush will continue to latch on with more and more people, as they join the popular bandwagon. It is a natural human trait to just follow along with the latest trend.
 
Over the next few 2 1/2 months there will be the big protests at the Repulicans convention, then there will be a parade of concerts by John Mellencamp, Bruce Springsteen, etc, and then finally Michael Moore's movie will come out on video.
 
And more and more people will wake up to realize that life in this country will never be the same if George W. Bush is re-elected. Just as in 2000, people I knew threatened to move to Canada.
 
The Messiah doesn't come when all the people expect him to come. The savior doesn't come in when everyone is calling for it. And that is essentially what Kerry supporters believe him to be. A savior in a time of (crisis?--- this--- life today--- this is a crisis of unmagnified importance).
 
The anti-Christ isn't the person everyone knows is evil. It is common wisdom, even to the biggest George W. Bush supporters, that Bush is widely regarded as the most evil person on the planet. This clearly is not someone pulling a fast one on anybody.
 
I looked hard at all the Democratic contenders a few months back. I voted for Democrats in November of 2003. I have thought twice and three times about Bush. Is this guy really that bad? Am I missing the obvious?
 
And I pulled through the fog. And I know this sounds arrogant, but I have never been so sure about anything in my life. I know George W. Bush is the right person for this country right now. And for the time he has been President I know 100% that he was the absolute right person to have for the last 3 1/2 years. I know that. And I don't really care who wins this election in November. It isn't THAT important to me.
 
I am not going to run around in hatred of other people even though I am totally sure they are wrong about this.
 
I don't care who wins in November. It will be interesting to watch if the masses jump on the fabricated news, anti-Bush hype concerts, and distorted film depictions. That will intrigue me.
 
And in the end, life will be better. Ten years from now, twenty years from now, or however long it takes, life will be better than it is today. In that too, I have no doubt.
 
Just as life today is better than it was four years ago. 
 
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home