Saturday, July 31, 2004

September 11th

Check this post out. It is a very detailed overview. It is a long post but a good one. This post puts words to the exact same feelings that I have inside.

I add a postscript of insight into my thoughts:

I woke up a little later. I fell victim to those first few days of wondering what we did wrong.

It wasn't until about a year, or maybe more, later that I realized George W. Bush had it right from the very first minute.

America didn't do anything wrong. We didn't have anything to feel ashamed of or bad about.

And, we needed to act.



1 Comments:

Blogger Kat said...

Hello...thanks for visiting my blog. I have been talking with a few other moderates that have not quite made up their minds as yet. They understand the greater agenda item of security, but have some concerns about the rightwing elements of the Republican party. Particularly the ultra religious, anti-abortion, anti-gay elements.

some of these issues concern me as well. However, I feel strongly that any movements on these issues will be roundly defeated because the moderate Republicans and the Moderate Democrats will side (however distastefully) with the left wingers to block it as was seen in the attempt to ban gay marriage (I have my own thoughts on the subject, but won't bore you with them here).

Either way, these elements are put in check and I can concentrate on the important agenda items of security and economy. all other issues can be dealt with effectively within Congress. Security is now largely the Presidents domain and it is increasingly clear that the Democrats want to return to Pre 9/11 footing. Not my idea of a good thing.

So...I'll be standing with you in the "new Alternatives" line at the voting polls and praying that There are at least 270 electoral votes in the bag for Bush.

July 31, 2004 at 6:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home