Saturday, July 31, 2004

The Latest Media Ploy

The latest ploy is using the person who has switched party to demonstrate what must be an overwhelming trend in the country. The journalists round up a former Republican (or someone who claims to have been one) and tell the story of how George Bush alienated them and how they are voting against him. But, as usual, no coverage of the other side of that coin. Take me. An independent voter who has voted for both Democrats and Republicans in Presidential elections. Take me- someone who scattered my votes as recently as November 2003, voting for Democrats, Green Party, and Republican. I signed up for campaign newsletters during the Democrats primary and listened to as many of all of their speeches as I could. And I had time-- I didn't have a good job and I worked odd hours. But, the primary process did help mold my decision on the Presidential election. And, not only that, I clearly know who I am and what I stand for. I am 100% behind George W. Bush and I will not be splitting my votes any more. I am wholeheartedly behind the Republican Party. I know every conspiracy out there. And I have read every article that an ardent hater of President Bush has read. I know the conspiracy web sites and the whole nine yards. So you don't know something I haven't explored already. Heck, with all the negative publicity..... Its nearly impossible to support George W. Bush without taking a long walk and asking 'Gosh, am I doing the right thing?'. So don't presume I just don't know. Don't presume I haven't seen what you've seen or that I don't know the truth or the real reality. Don't presume I go to church every week and belong to a radical right wing Conservative religious group. I simply, wholeheartedly support President George W. Bush for a number of different reasons. Moreover, I am a Republican now, not only because of the leadership and policies of George W. Bush, but also because of what I have heard from the Democratic Party. I could go on, but that would start to overshadow the main point of this post: if the media is going to cover people who are switching to vote for John Kerry you better come talk to me, because 9 months ago my vote was up for grabs for any election and now I am a Republican, 100% behind George W. Bush.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home